Don’t go by the name, a mudroom can be anything but muddy! Though it’s the most roughly used space in your home, it isn’t necessary that this casual space should be always overcrowded with waste, look messy, and always stink. But this isn’t the case in most households. We often consider this space as the entrance to our house, as the one spot dedicated to waste and junk, and that’s why don’t even bother to clean it, let alone the thought of decorating it!
When we talk of home décor, it starts with your deck and ends in your terrace covering almost everything – from bedrooms to washrooms and kitchen! But rarely do we pay any attention to our mudroom which is often at the very start of the house. And imagine if this space is filthy and messy and the rest of the house is glamorous, which excuse could you give for its dirty look?
Quick tips to organise and beautify your mudroom!
Let’s chuck the mud and assume it as a room! It’s the very start of your home and should be the place where your hygiene starts. Ensure that it’s both welcoming and clean by following the below mentioned quick tips to beautify and organise it better.
- Add life with colours — The biggest mistake that you mostly do is, paint the entire house except your mudroom. And this is what we have to improvise in our home décor. You can choose some attractive and vibrant colour to spruce up your mudroom and get it painted by house painters in Auckland, Total Paint carries out this task perfectly for you by their experienced workmen and under your budget.
- Fake a closet — They can be a lot of things to be stored and hanged in your mudroom. But as the space is very limited, it isn’t possible to add a cupboard or a closet in this space. So, in order to organise your coats and stuff properly, add some hooks and racks and even DIY storage racks to organise everything properly here.
- Add the comfort factor —This room is often used to remove your shoes and your bags, etc. By just adding a cushion or pillow to make the task more comfortable, it would be extremely welcoming for you.
- Sort the mail better — Your newspapers and mails make an important part of your mudroom. And a disorganised mail section can be too untidy. Use a basket or any plastic shelf and keep the waste and useful mails separate for a sorted life.
- Shoe space — We mostly have this habit of almost throwing our shoes in opposite corners, and this makes the room appear messier. You can align a proper shoe space or rack to keep it more organised.
- Rugs minimise dirt — Dirt and mess with shoes entering the house is natural, and this is the biggest cause of mess in the mudroom. You can minimise the dirt with rugs and doormats. Ensure to get the most attractive ones to add a distinct charm to your room.
- Key holders — Keychains have their home in your mudroom too. And mostly it’s hung on the same hooks where your coats hang. You can add an attractive key holder to sort your keys (and make them easily available too).
If you are adding the above things in your mudroom, it would be anything but a junk or muddy space! Let’s change the name of the same to a marvellous room by sprucing it up.