No wonder a deck can be the most relaxing and favourite part of your home! This extended house space has the power to enhance the beauty of your home, along with adding a lot of value to your property. And the perks of using this extra space to socialise and place the surplus items of the house are surely a bonus!
Normally, a deck, once built, stays for around twenty to thirty years – if it’s made of wood. And for about half a century if it’s made by composite wood. This type of wood is actually a finer alternative to wood, made with combining certain fibres and some amount of plastic to create a similar looking material. Composite wood can be a long-term and better solution for building a deck in a property.
How can composite deck prove extremely beneficial for your house?
So, are you planning to add a deck to your outdoors? Then why not consider going for composite decking in Perth by Top Deck Carpentry? They make it as you desire, all splendid and spectacular that stays intact for decades to come. And there are more benefits when you think of adding a composite deck (rather than a wooden one). Want to know of those benefits? Read on!
- Sustainability: Composite woods are those clones of wood that do look similar to wood, but do not harm the environment (as the installation of wood does). These are basically made with recyclable materials; and therefore, you can add them in your house, guilt free!
- Aesthetics — Consisting of high-definition wooden patterns along with rich colours, composite decking has a natural look and feel. Colours range from various earth tones to reds and greys; this also include naturally inspired boards that boast the distinct streaked look of elegant hardwoods. And if you desire to create a uniform looking outdoor space, you can easily find stairs, railings, gates, etc. made of it which can match and complement your decks well too!
- Low-maintenance — When installing composite decks, you don’t have to worry about sanding, staining or painting. Only a casual soap-and-water cleaning maintains its stability and beauty for years. Some of the providers also give you a good warranty of the same, ensuring you don’t need to even spend a penny for years in its maintenance.
- Durability — Composite decking is specially made for retaining maximum durability. It can bear a good amount of traffic, scratches, and doesn’t even rot, crack or warp. You won’t even find mould formation on it easily. Also, it is even insect-proof and splinter-free, thus is a safer and comfortable option even if you have kids at home!
- Value —Even though the installation cost of composite deck can be a little expensive, when you calculate the cost of the ongoing maintenance needed on a wood deck, a composite deck could cost you less in comparison.
Today, composite decks are fast gaining position in the popularity chart. And why not?? If the benefits are so many, then why should you go for any other option?!