It doesn’t matter whether you want to prepare your home for a forthcoming sale, just want to increase its value or need to enhance the overall enjoyment in living inside your home – brick slips will deliver just the amount of results that you require.
Brick slips are mainly used to improve the overall feel and aesthetic value of your home. But, there are also some other major advantages of brick slip tiles that most homeowners don’t know about as well. This article will drive in-depth about the purpose and benefits of brick slips.
The In-depth Guide Regarding Brick Slips That You Should Know About
What Are Brick Slips?
Brick slips can be defined as an essentially veneer brick tiles which are used for exterior decoration of houses and buildings. When these brick tiles are used in conjunction with modern insulation systems, they help in forming a protective. Warm blanket for all domestic and commercial purposes. There are currently two kinds of brick slips, namely :
- Traditional Clay Brick Slips
- Brick Slip Veneer
Out of the two above options, only the second option deems fit of the as the ‘real brick slip’ for all the traditional purists out there. Even though both brick tiles can essentially be marked as the same in terms of overall physical properties, different adhesives should be used on each one of them.
What Are The Advantages Of Using Brick Slips?
- They Are Cost-Effective – It should be noted that brick slips tend to be much cheaper and affordable than their ‘real brick’ counterpart options. This means that even with the help of a small budget, you’ll be able to revamp the look of your home. Furthermore, you don’t have to spend money or time in patching or repainting these surfaces as well.
- They Are Lightweight – It should be remembered that these brick slips weigh far less than the actual bricks and therefore this makes them usable on surfaces that don’t have any sort of substantial foundations. This means that these brick slips can be used in terraces and roofs, where materials need to be lightweight to be able to bear the weight.
- They Are Streamlined And Slim – This is because of the slim design these brick slips carry, which means that they will not be taking up essential exterior space of your home. Conventional brick walls tend to take almost 500 mm of space in a room with four walls, but when it comes to brick slips, it’ll only be 100 mm.
- They Are Unique In Their Looks – Brick slips can accommodate several different patterns and looks – from just classic & traditional to cool & contemporary. It doesn’t matter what your tastes are because you can always find the perfect one for your requirements.