Smartphones haven’t just narrowed our spaces and widened our horizons, they have entered far too much in our lives, affecting our relationships too! You may not even be aware, but these gadgets would slowly be taking your spouse away from you! This is what gave us all the social media addiction, and with this revolution evolved the biggest disaster that has the power to crack any relationship – its micro cheating!
While flirting is considered quite normal in today’s modern world, but micro cheating is when casual flirting gives ways to deeper meaningful chats. It may be called adultery too, if the couple starts sharing nude pictures or do sex chat. But, it’s cheating at the end of day which is enough to destroy your relationship. The source for the same may be any social media platform that provides chatting for the users like Facebook messenger, twitter direct messages, instagram messages and calls, snapchat, tinder, etc.
How do you know if your partner is micro cheating you?
Though it is very tough to catch your partner micro cheating on you, it’s not impossible. But, always remember, micro cheating is mostly temporary and can be avoided or controlled by marriage counselling in Adelaide from Therapia Psychology. They have expert therapists who can tactfully deal with such issues in a marriage and help your bonding become stronger through marriage counselling. But, in order to save your marriage through this practical and effective way, you have to find out if your spouse is micro cheating on you:
- Can’t keep phone at bay — Though we know that today all of us are literally addicted to smartphones and can’t stay away from them. But if your partner seems to suddenly show this addiction or if the bond with the phone increases in a very short span of time, there’s something fishy here. They wouldn’t even spare taking it in the bathroom and toilets in such cases. And if by any chance, you are seen with your partner’s phone, chaos happens! You should even check their phones for a lock code which isn’t shared with you, or is opened in an extremely secretive way.
- You catch your partner laughing smiling or blushing and they would stop abruptly upon seeing you — There are times when your not so talkative and charming partner may be smiling and blushing reading those chats in his/her phone, and when you ask what it is, the answer is merely a blank face or a simple nothing! Mark this sign and keep a count of such incidents occurring repeatedly. If this happens more frequently, you know you are being cheated.
- They are too defensive when asked about the mobile addiction — It becomes clearer that your partner is chatting with someone else intimately, when you tend to ask them about their mobile addiction and the way they are always chatting and smiling, they’ll suddenly turn defensive or more than defensive, and give you all sorts of weird reasons for the same. But, if you get the hunch that the defences are more than the blames, be sure to understand the reason behind the same.
- They are still active and regular on their dating app profile — It’s understood that your partner had a profile on tinder or another dating app and was active on that previously. But once you got married, such apps aren’t needed at all. But, if your partner is constantly online on such platforms and active on chats with someone here, find the reason behind it, as it may be the source of micro cheating on you.
- They are following and stalking their ex on social media platform —Following your ex on social media isn’t a big deal if you both departed as friends. But if your partner continues to stalk their images and keeps on checking each and every story instantly, then inquire more about their social connections. You won’t know, but just a casual follow up would soon turn out to be cheating.
Apart from all these, if you notice muted but constant notifications on smartphones, catching your partner online after hours you both went to sleep, and resetting their passwords more frequently, be alert and try some measures to stop this entirely. If you try to find out the solution to this issue by quarrelling, your marriage isn’t going to last longer or may even snap absurdly and abruptly. We know you are hurt, but what’s wise and needed here is to tackle the situation wisely, talk sense into your partner’s mind and go for good marriage counselling sessions in order to save your marriage and love!